We assist our clients at different stages of their business, and different issues relating to their business including:
Setting Up Business:
- Advise regarding appropriate ownership structure, protection of business name and logo or other intellectual property, and asset protection advice.
Sale and Purchase of Business:
- “Due diligence” on all aspects: assets, contracts, intellectual property, employees, licenses and commercial agreements.
- Advise appropriate conditions on the sale or purchase.
- Prepare for and complete settlement
Joint Ventures, Partnerships, and Business Agreements:
- Joint venture, partnership, and shareholders agreements
- Business agreements with funders, suppliers, and customers
- What to look out for when buying into a franchise
- What to do when setting up a franchise
- How to select a franchisee
- Disputes between franchisor and franchisee
Finance and Capital Raising
- Loan and security documentation
- Asset protection
- Raising of capital by issue of capital or crowdfunding
- Maximise on ability to collect from customers through terms of trade and requirement of security
- Initiate debt collection proceedings
- Advise on strategy
- Directors’ duties
- Appropriate ownership and governance structure to maximise succession and saleability
- Legal issues for risk management and statutory obligations
- Advice regarding entities for setting up businesses in New Zealand, taking into account company and tax requirements
- Advice regarding residency requirements for resident director purposes, tax purposes, and immigration purposes
- Advice regarding ownership structure for New Zealand assets taking into account businesses overseas
Teresa has experience providing advice to different businesses:
- from SME’s (small to medium enterprises),
- to listed companies, LATEs (local authority trading enterprises) such as DELTA Utility Services Limited and Dunedin International Airport,
- to health entities from medical practices, primary health organisations, to predecessors of district health boards.
- Her breadth of experience allows her to give clear and strategic advice to the firm’s clients. As a member of the Institute of Directors, she keeps in touch with issues relevant to businesses and corporate governance.